Friday 2 September 2016

The brain is a clever piece of flesh

Memories, Remembrances, Nostalgia, Recollection, Reminiscence
Words, synonyms
All heading the same way
The past.
Brain, the body part that latches on to things, events, happenings
Good, bad, ugly
But it’s a cunning piece of shit,
To always fondly remember the good past
And miss it, wish it back.
And the ugly, thank the lords gladly that it’s over.
The brain be a twisted piece of flesh.
From the moment I open my eyes to the sun in my room,
To the shutting off of lights and pulling up the blanket.
Brain remembers him everywhere,
In everything.

Hope is another dark place
Could lead to more darkness,
Or to the tunnel leading to the light
But it’s better than knowing for sure
Because you don’t know what you don’t know
I would take the past days of uncertainty
Over the current certainty, the reality any day.
The certainty of the changed existence
Of those around me, for all the days left that we survive.

The brain was convulated, Numb, Uncomprehending
For those 3 days
But there was hope,
Hope for things to be eventually alright
But that’s all that it remained
Hope.
Never grew into certainty
But what became certain the 3rd night
When I heard the words,
“His last 2 hours”
It’s over.
The 20 years and 11 months of my life were over.
What lay ahead was a lifetime of Memories, Nostalgia, Remembrance, Recollection, Reminiscence
Of the good days,
Better days,
Of sanity
Because all I could see ahead
And my heart knew,
Was madness, chaos, unfathomable existence
No way out, just the one door
The one door that is survival
Each day at a time.
But the brain,
If only the brain would let me,
This clever piece of flesh,
Recalls an attached memory of his
Everything and every point it notices,
Leeches on to it and refuses to let go.
So even I can’t let go,
And so I survive as the top flesh commands
Remember and recall all attached memories
All to everything.
Everything. Anything.
Everywhere. He is.
Everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment